Sunday, March 18, 2012

I love the Disney website even though it's so complex. My English 121 class is doing a paper and project on analyzing websites and I'm pretty sure I'm going to choose Disney. The site is mainly directed towards younger kids from ages of 6 to 12 but has a little of something for other age groups such as teens and parents. It's a well-organized website with many links and columns, but all of which work and are labeled clearly. Each link is a different category and when you click on the link, the back ground is a different color and pattern. For example, the games link is decorated in the color green. Also, the website uses pictures and visuals which is better understanding for the reader. When you use the search box, potential search items come up with the title and a picture. For instance, if I type in the letter 'P', the first two items that show are "Prom" with a picture of a male character, and "Pirates" with a picture of Captain Jack Sparrow. The site can be used for children to expand their Disney adventure by looking up TV shows, movies, and playing games. One can also buy Disney merchandise and plan trips to Disney Amusement parks. Anything related to Disney can be found through Disney.go.com. It's a wonderful website.

No comments:

Post a Comment